At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do
The product management team in Noon is small and has a lot of impact. We are looking for a conscientious, smart and well-rounded Product Manager to lead Noon's technology development efforts, acting as the point person on all phases of our product development. Noon’s Product Managers are product owners embedded within cross-functional teams. They define the right goals and decide how to measure their team’s progress towards those goals with actionable metrics. They identify and prioritize features that drive impact towards their team’s goals. They rapidly prototype and test concepts with teachers and studentsto validate their ideas fast and they work closely with engineering to execute with quality.
- Set and own a goal for a product sub-space and build a roadmap to deliver on that
- Assemble a cross functional team to effectively execute against the roadmap
- Enable a cross function team to translate user research, industry and competitive insights, and usage patterns into product ideas will drive impact
- Drive clarity of requirements so that the engineering team can execute effectively
- Shepherd feature development the development cycle, ensuring that what gets built addresses a strong student need, and does so with high quality
You have a passion for fixing the failures in how education is delivered today to teens worldwide. You have a high bar for products you deliver, and a relentless focus on excellence. You find that our core values resonate with you a lot. You can think strategically one minute and roll up your sleeves the next minute to meet new customers, turnaround problems, and deliver outstanding results. You have strong product sense and have built and shipped consumer-facing experiences in the past that showcase it. You have a bias for impact and strong judgement for what has the potential for achieving goals, and what is a ‘nice-to-have’, You have a track record of translating various types of data into clear insights and hypotheses. You know how to drive effective execution and know how to get a cross functional team to perform.
- 5+ years of experience in product management in a consumer-facing space
- A strong technical background that earns you the respect and trust of our engineers
- Passion for clear and simple design and user experience
- All-around great leader: someone capable of inspiring and influencing others
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and a bias toward data-driven decision-making, combined with solid business judgment
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including 2-3 days working from home per week
- 25 days annual leave and Christmas office closure days on top
- Generous pension scheme – Noon matches up to 5%
- Full premium Private Medical Scheme including Family cover
- Subscription to Perkbox
- Income Protection and Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
- Cycle to work scheme and commuter season ticket loan
- A well-stocked fridge, plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Regular social activities, including team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.