At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do
We are on the lookout for Senior Product Designers to come onboard and help us build our global social learning platform. As a Senior Product Designer at Noon, your work will encompass areas such as exploring and defining what social learning means to our students, delivering rich learning experiences, and building social ecosystems. Your work will be pivotal to our student's day to day experience of our services, how they find and experience value and get the best learning experience they can. This role is attached to our London Office and reports into design leadership
- Customer-centred design: You blend empathy, creativity, and business needs to design human centred solutions to our goals
- Design principles: Driving your work from first principles is second nature to you Problem-solving: You'll tackle the most complex problem spaces and business issues. Identifying gaps and uncovering opportunities to improve
- Research and data Science: Help create a data-informed culture where designers incorporate data into all phases of design work through active partnerships with product & analytics
- Design process: You blend research, product, design, prototyping, and analysis seamlessly in your design and deliverables. You're a champion of principled design-centred processes
- Experimentation: You'll plan and articulate design experiments with clear hypotheses and outcome measures as part of an iterative approach to design
- Pragmatism: You understand and will act on the business context of your work Craft: You bring a high level of craft to all the touch points you design
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate with stakeholders to shape strategic initiatives and incorporate research findings into all phases of product & design.
- Communication: You'll facilitate workshops, engage stakeholders and showcase your work, its rationale and impact
- Design Tools: Identify and evangelize the appropriate tools for design and design ops in collaboration with engineering and product teams.
- 5 + years experience of designing and shipping products as an end-to-end Product Designer
- Experience building new consumer Product offerings
- Expertise in core UX design skills including creating user flows, defining IA, creating wireframes, prototyping to develop insights and influence product direction
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment for consumer mobile on iOSand Android
- Expertise shaping design direction through rapid iteration, testing and evaluation
- Experience using Figma and working with design systems
- A track record of close collaboration with cross-functional partners, PMs, engineering, etc
- A degree in HCI or similar or you have additional professional experience
- Experience working in areas involving sharing and peer interaction
- Experience building new consumer product offerings for social media, education technology, or multi-player/collaborative products
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including 2-3 days working from home per week
- 25 days annual leave and Christmas office closure days on top
- Generous pension scheme – Noon matches up to 5%
- Full premium Private Medical Scheme including Family cover
- Subscription to Perkbox
- Income Protection and Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
- Cycle to work scheme and commuter season ticket loan
- A well-stocked fridge, plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Regular social activities, including team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.