At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do
In a mission of reaching out to 50 Million students out there, a rock solid iOS app is a must. We are looking for Principal Engineer and a seasoned iOS expert, someone who knows the ins and outs of the platform, someone who can set the right guidelines, tools and framework to help team achieve the mission and someone who can help to create the foundational infrastructure we need to scale.
You will work closely with product and platform teams to identify and build the key technical components needed to make the product. You will be responsible for comparing various solutions options and propose the right one based on well articulated trade-offs. You will work closely with other engineering teams to ensure the solution is robust and scalable. Your work on mobile will be the fundamental piece that helps us build the 'lego bricks' of mobile applications giving product teams the flexibility and the versatility to adapt the user interface on the fly. You will help construct quick experiments with A/B testing failing fast and learning incrementally building the next generation learning tool used by millions.
- Create: Work with our platform teams to build new designs, tools and methodology that help our iOS app to move fast and scale big. One single classroom session can support 5K students in one session. Your challenge should you accept is to help us double this number to 10K. Audio, Chat, Canvas. There are three persistent connections in play at the same time. You will help work on algorithms to make them smoothly work on any network, any hardware, tracking the performance and auto-correcting mechanisms.
- Improve: Work on the performance and reliability of our iOS app. Heap dump analysis, optimising rendering performance, reducing build times, simplify our systems and processes
- Support: As a principal engineer you'll help coach and develop others around you and lead by example.
- Expertise: 8-12 yrs of experience developing native iOS products ( using Swift).
- Problem Solver: Ability to thoughtfully understand and decompose large problems to define clean plans with the team. You do not hesitate to ask for help and help others.
- Design Pattern: You care about each data entity in the system and how they are communicating with each other. You love to find patterns around that and design guidelines to increase the overall productivity of our systems.
- Platform Knowledge: You keep yourself updated with the latest tech. You're proficient in Swift and confident writing multi-threaded reactive code, knowledge of webrtc and real-time communications a plus.
- Proven ability to get things done: You can work with the teams shipping quality apps for large audiences. You can deal with ambiguous situations and move forward.
- Business and Product Acumen: You understand the business impact of the feature you are building. You can find the right balance between delivery and ideal stuff.
- Empathy to put students First: You can put yourself in the shoes of our users, students and teachers. Impacting the lives of people using our product. You put their concerns at the heart of every decision your team takes.
- Love for learning: You're passionate about technologies you love, and you are open to learning new ones. You help those around you learn and grow.
- Team Player: Smooth cross-functional team communication. You'll help your teammates. Learning and growing together. Even disagreements to be constructively shared with teams. You work and also celebrate together with your team.
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including 2-3 days working from home per week
- 21 days annual leave with 12 Casual/sick leaves and 12 government holidays
- Full premium Medical coverage including Family Dependants
- Tax benefits on expenses incurred towards Broadband, Phone, Books & Wellness
- Learning budget of INR 20K per year
- One time work from allowance of INR 30k plus INR 1500/month as Internet allowance during the WFH duration
- In house lunch and well stocked pantry. Of course when we resume office!
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.