At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do:
Noon is making education fun by social learning and collecting a lot of data points, which help to make product and customer experience better. Data comes from a variety of sources, internal and external, and in different formats. The data that we collect in a heterogeneous and distributed storage (Data Lake) .
We massage data, put its pieces together to provide a different perspective, elaborate it, store it, manipulate it, and optimize its access. We are also in the process of building pipelines to make the data flow from one sector of our architecture to another. We write efficient software, maintain our clusters, optimize and advise on queries, and continuously re-evaluate our process to make it faster and more accurate. To do this, we keep the discussion open, share our findings, and hold each other accountable.
We are in the middle of a substantial transformation process. We are piecing together a data science architecture that needs to sustain tons of gigabytes of data in a dependable and distributed way so that the data is at the fingertips of its users. If you haven't been scared yet? Then maybe you might consider joining forces with us.
- Developing and maintaining automated reliable and scalable ETL pipelines for big data using Python, Spark, SQL and AWS services.
- Responsible for designing and creating the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions in the company.
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices.
You get to work with the best minds and learn from the leaders who have built Noon Academy. No boundaries and no white-topping setup - where there is a lot of freedom to explore and expand your horizons of what you want to do in your career and witness hyper growth at a scale which you only get to read or hear about in the news.
As part of the Central Data platform team, you will be responsible for serving data needs of Analyst, Data Science, Product/Business and Backend communities.
If you're the type of person who loves working up and down the tech stack, jumping into every part of a codebase, or enthusiastic about learning new technologies and passionate to solve complex product problems this could be your perfect role.
Ideally, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience as a Data or BI Engineer dealing with large complex data scenarios. For transitioned data-engineers, overall experience of 5+ is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Data Warehousing experience with any database like Redshift etc.
- Ability to understand basic query profiles and execution plans. Experience in query performance tuning is a plus.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Java, Scala, etc)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Presto, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience in large-scale data warehousing projects using Redshift, S3, Spark, Presto, Hive.
- Learning ability : Is self-reflective, Has a hunger to improve, Has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice.
- Nice to have: Attends and participates in conferences/meetups/user groups, Contributes to open source projects.
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including full remote role, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable.
- 21 days annual leave with 12 Casual/sick leaves and 12 government holidays
- Full premium Medical coverage including Family Dependants
- Tax benefits on expenses incurred towards Broadband, Phone, Books & Wellness
- Learning budget of INR 20K per year
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.