At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialize with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the role:
We are looking for a Data Reliability Engineer with experience in managing data platform infrastructure, systems and frameworks to join our fantastic highly skilled team and to help us manage, develop and extend our growing Data Platform.
You get to work with the best minds and learn from the leaders who have built Noon Academy. No boundaries and no white-topping setup - where there is a lot of freedom to explore and expand your horizons of what you want to do in your career and witness hyper growth at a scale which you only get to read or hear about in the news.
As part of the Central Data SRE team, you will be responsible for serving big data infra needs for data platforms and other teams.
If you're the type of person who loves working up and down the tech stack, jumping into every part of a codebase, or enthusiastic about learning new technologies and passionate about solving complex product problems, this could be your perfect role
What you will do:
- Build resilient multi-tenant infrastructure for data platforms and data services
- Monitoring data platform and data services infrastructure to ensure high availability
- Automate day to day platform provisioning, monitoring and deployment of data services
- Debug production issue and participate in incident management with blameless post mortem. Lead the incidents to successful and permanent resolution.
- Bring in best practices and focus on infra cost optimization Participate in the on-call process to prevent incidents and ensure availability.
Ideally, you will have:
- 4+ years of experience as SRE / DevOps Engineer, prior experience working in data infra, and handling production issues.
- Experience in managing Kafka-based data-pipelines / Spark Jobs / Flink Jobs/ Airflow DAGs.
- Experience with managing query workloads with Athena and Superset.Experience with Kubernetes administration.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
- Experience with UNIX-based systems administration and scripting.
- Infrastructure as Code/ CI/CD (e.g. Github Actions, Jenkins).
- Monitoring skills (Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog etc).
- Learning ability : Is self-reflective, Has a hunger to improve, Has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice.
- Nice to have: Attends and participates in conferences/meetups/user groups, Contributes to open source projects.
Would be good:
- Exposure to the Big Data Ecosystem.
- Understanding about managing SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Familiarity with Message Brokers (RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible).
About the Benefits:
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance and hybrid remote work mode, would be 2 days a week in office in London and our India engineering team is fully remote.
- 21 days annual leave with 12 Casual/sick leaves and 12 government holidays
- Full premium Medical coverage including Family Dependants
- Tax benefits on expenses incurred towards Broadband, Phone, Books & Wellness
- Learning budget of INR 20K per year
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion:
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.
We are a Remote first company and our current Engineering team is working across Europe and India.