At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone. Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialize with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer, responsible for leading ideation to ship and our long-term mobile, web strategy building the core product experiences for students using Noon app globally. You'll be responsible for leading the strategy of React native adoption. Our team currently has a native Android, iOS code base and we are working on adopting React Native. Ideally, we look for openness to work across the stack to build the product. You will work hand in hand with product managers, product designers, and other engineers to deliver intuitive web experiences for our students.
As a Senior Engineer you will be part of an elite team of highly talented individuals all from diverse backgrounds, all working together to push the boundary of the art of the possible. Working closely with product managers, you will be solving problems that have the potential to change the lives of millions of students and teachers across the globe. You would work closely with other engineers to build the key technical components needed to power our app. We have opportunities in all areas, services and client features. Whatever your background, if you love solving technical challenges and love building products, people love we want to talk with you. You don't need to know everything, it's more important for have a passion for learning. We're a teaching company after all.
If you're the type of person who loves working up and down the tech stack, jumping into every part of a codebase, or enthusiastic about learning new technologies and passionate about solving complex product problems, this could be your perfect role.
What you will do:
- Own problems from end to end, design, implementation, delivery and work in cross-functional teams, closely with product & design to define product requirements.
- You will be responsible for building out the new product features on Web and mobile (react native)
- Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code and libraries with solid test coverage for cross-project sharing.
Ideally, you will have:
- 5+ years experience in building large-scale applications using React and its ecosystem- Redux, flow type and expert working knowledge of React Native
- Lead the core architectural improvements for React/ React Native
- Experience with source control systems and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience working on developing apps for mobile platforms and Web.
- Excited to build great products.
- Desire to learn new things and to help others learn too.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Learning ability: Is self-reflective, Has a hunger to improve, Has a keen interest to drive their own learning. Applies theoretical knowledge to practice.
Would be good:
- Experience in building apps using React Native, and GraphQL/ Apollo
- Interest to work across the stack to build the product features
- Prior experience building applications using Tailwind and next.js
About the Benefits:
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance and hybrid remote work mode, would be 2 days a week in an office in London and our India engineering team is fully remote.
- 25 days annual leave and Christmas office closure days on top
- Generous pension scheme – Noon matches up to 5%
- Full premium Private Medical Scheme including Family cover
- Income Protection and Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion:
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.
Location: We are a remote first company and our current engineering team is working across Europe and India.