At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do
As a revenue accountant you will track payments received by the company, create invoices, keep accurate transaction records, and oversee the work of accounting staff.
- Responsible for the monthly closing of the revenue function including Sales & Revenue recognition.
- Manage the entire sales & revenue cycle on both the company platform & ERP system.
- Act as the focal point with business operation teams to achieve up to date level of GMV, revenues & teachers’ payouts calculations.
- Responsible for interacting & managing our relationship with the company’s’ payment gateways.
- Manage all cash inflows from B2B & B2C collections & ensure completeness and matching with our database, bank statements & payment gateways.
- Ensure tax compliance with GST returns and resolve any other related tax issues for sales & collection cycle.
- Act as the focal point with local external auditors for all requirements related to sales, revenues, collections & receivables.
As we are building a brand new team here in Egypt We’re looking for Revenue Accountant to lead our efforts in managing & automating the revenue function with strong focus on control, automation & accurate revenue recognition.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in revenue or accounts receivable function. Oracle NetSuite experience will be a big advantage.
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, Power Query & Power Pivot Tools.
- Analytical mindset, data-driven, detailed oriented & able to manage a huge volume of data and numbers.
- Deep ERP system expertise, including experience in system integrations & process design. We need someone who love developing systems & automation.
- Experience interacting with multiple cross-functional teams & departments.
- Previous experience in Tech or eCommerce is a big advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – English is the main communication language.
- Growth mindset & strong ownership, we are a lean team and responsibilities may fall out of one’s exact job description; we are looking for folks who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including 2-3 days working from home per week
- 21 days annual leave
- Full premium Medical coverage including Family Dependants
- Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
- A well-stocked fridge, plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Regular social activities, including team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.
- Finance Operations
Loading application form
Already working at Noon Academy?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.