At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. Our obsession with our “student-first” culture ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Noon is building a new frontier in AI for education. By integrating large data, domain expertise and AI, we believe we can deliver a transformation in how we analyze, study and deliver an end-to-end 10x better learning experience for our students.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact.
Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you. Our core leadership team is London-based, and we are proud to have attracted a diverse team of people with successful startup experiences.
Your Role at Noon
This is a key role. You will be responsible for both: Noon’s AI and ML strategy and the implementation of that strategy.
Noon is investing in the most advanced AI systems for education. One example is how we’re building our Social Learning Graph. Our graph captures the interaction between Students, teachers & content on Noon Academy. It provides a consistent framework to ingest large amounts of user interaction data into a single storage layer which can be queried using GraphQL APIs to help product engineers build rich data applications. We need to further exploit what we can do on our Graph. We’re just beginning.
What You Will Do:
- As our founding ML engineer, you will lead our AI Platform team by creating a vision and roadmap for the ML infrastructure used across the Noon App.
- Incorporate the latest AI/ML technology, such as OpenAI APIs, into the learning experience in a useful and responsible manner
- You will be instrumental in integrating GPT-4 and other cutting-edge technologies to build advanced chatbots.
- You will exploit where AI can help the business operationally, save cost, automate, and where it can deliver a drastically better experience for our students. You’ll need to wear different hats.
Ideally you will have:-
- 5+ years of experience in productionizing machine learning, statistical, or optimization model-based features
- Proven experience in machine learning, natural language processing, and chatbot development
- Experience deploying and managing ML models in production
- Hands-on experience with current machine learning toolkits, especially deep learning (e.g graph convolutional neural network, generative deep learning).
- Production experience with cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS.
- Knowledge of how large language models work, such as GPT 3.5/4
Bonus if you have:
- Proven leadership experience by wearing different hats, thinking forward and backward - knowing where AI/ML can help the business and which areas of the business can be boosted by AI.
- Track record of developing ML within cross-functional teams, preferably in a consumer-facing internet business or education space
- Proficiency with database technologies like MySQL, PostgeSQL, MongoDB, and/or Cassandra
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies, GraphQL, or Graph Databases
- Experience in fine-tuning LLMs.
- Use of CI/CD pipelines for ML models.
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem! We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including 2-3 days working from home per week
- 25 days annual leave and Christmas office closure days on top
- Generous pension scheme – Noon matches up to 5%
- Full premium Private Medical Scheme including Family cover
- Income Protection and Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
- Regular social activities, including team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.