At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time - our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being close to the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture which ultimately defines what we do and why we do it.
Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do
We're looking for people who are proactive problem solvers who would relish the opportunity to work full-stack. If you're the type of person who loves working up and down the tech stack, jumping into every part of a codebase or enthusiastic about learning new technologies and languages this could be your perfect role.
You could be a seasoned full-stack engineer looking for interesting products to build, or someone looking for new opportunities to learn and grow. We have both and if you're as passionate about building products that people love as you are about solving technical problems we can offer roles that will provide the opportunity to make a real difference and change the world." You will be working end to end to ensure the solution is robust and scalable.
As an individual, you will be self-motivated working autonomously to build parts of the platform solving problems as you encounter them. We are an agile team and follow a lightweight process strongly indexing on impact. Trust, Communication and Collaboration are the primary tenets of our core values. You will be working across the squad closely with PMs and XFN teams between engineering, product and design.
Ideally, you will have:
- 8+ years of strong programming skills in Java, Go, or similar languages.
- 5+ years of strong programming skills in Java and/or Go, understanding of technologies like Spring, Graph QL.
- Desire to learn new things and to help others learn too.
- Excited to build great products.
- Experience building highly scalable backend web services.
- Cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies like Spring, GraphQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, k8s
- Tech stack we use: We use React native for app development. Our backend is written in Java, spring boot on top of a Rest API and MySql.
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- We offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, 4 days working from home and 1 day office week in London
- 25 days annual leave and Christmas office closure days on top
- Generous pension scheme – Noon matches up to 5%
- Full premium Private Medical Scheme including Family cover
- Income Protection and Life Assurance to help you to protect your future
- Regular social activities, including team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.