At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time – our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers, and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being a part of the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture that ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us to where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What will you do
As a Data Analyst you’d be embedded into the global team, where you will play a key role inshaping the student & teacher experience on Noon. Specifically, you will:
● Define and refine metrics for Country, Student and Teacher performance dashboards
to help all stakeholders in Teacher Enablement team. For this exercise you will need
to understand the student and teacher journey on the app/web
● Work closely with team members to develop the right metrics to focus on, and help
the team track performance against set targets
● Cultivate a data-driven culture throughout the organization by exposing data through
Tableau and Superset dashboards for internal stakeholders to view on-demand
● Identify opportunities to automate manual processes
● Identify and point out patterns of improvement and concern, so country teams can
take action proactively
● Perform ongoing trend analysis to inform day-to-day decisions and sharing out ad hoc
● Provide leadership on a range of analytics work occurring across the company,
including mentoring data users in support of self-service
We are looking for a Data Analyst Manager to join our team to solve interesting and impactful business problems. Ideal candidates need to have strong curiosity on data, and demonstrable
Ability to successfully apply rigorous scientific methods with proficiency in data analytics
knowledge and technical capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and
have a direct impact on business.
For this role you should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and
organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for
stakeholders at all levels of the business. In the role you'll be part of and work closely with across-functional team consisting of strategy, design, development, and program managers.
● Numerical/Analytical minded (degree in a numerical subject is preferred)
● Minimum 3 years of experience as a data analyst, ideally working on consumer-facing products
● Proficient in SQL or similar data querying languages
● Experience with dashboarding/ reporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc ● Ability to analyse large datasets with the goal of delivering actionable insights
● Excellent stakeholder and time management skills
● Experience with owning multiple projects from start to finish
● Experience with experimentation (A/B testing), e.g. Firebase, Mixpanel
● Familiarity with statistical analysis in Python, R, Matlab
● Ability to work between teams, functions and geographies, with high autonomy and little guidance
About the Benefits
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego, multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- 32 days annual leave
- Generous Health Insurance covering you and your family
- Provident Fund and Social insurance
- Tax benefits on expenses incurred towards Broadband, Phone, Books and Wellness
- Free Lunch
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions and that also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes – NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works – OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven, and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people, and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing less from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely, and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.