At Noon, we believe in Student First in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a global social learning platform that radically changes the way people learn, with the aim of positively impacting millions of students across the globe and bringing education to everyone.
Our open platform is loved by 10+ million students across 8 countries and is growing all the time - our aim is to radically transform the lives of 50+ million learners by 2023! Our students use Noon every day to engage with live interactive classes and gamified peer learning features, study with celebrity teachers and compete and socialise with their friends.
We are a distributed company with a collaborative culture. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries, enabling us to work at a global scale whilst bringing local impact by being close to the communities we serve. As a fast-paced, innovative scaling business, our ability to learn at speed is powered by our obsession with our “student-first” culture which ultimately defines what we do and why we do it. Our principles: Student first, Never Deprive a Learner, Be Better Everyday, Be original, Own It & Be Bold. These values got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
What you will do:
As a Principal Engineer you will be part of an elite team of highly talented individuals all from diverse backgrounds, all working together to push the boundary of the art of the possible. Working closely with product managers, you will be solving problems that have the potential to change the lives of millions of students and teachers across the globe. We believe in a culture of experimenting, failing and learning while discovering interesting ways to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to make education fun.
You will work closely with product and platform teams to identify and build the key technical components needed to make the product. You will be responsible for comparing various solutions options and propose the right one based on well articulated trade-offs. You will work closely with the site reliability engineering teams to ensure the solution is robust and scalable.
As an individual, you will be self-motivated working autonomously to build parts of the platform solving problems as you encounter them. We are an agile team and follow a lightweight process strongly indexing on impact. Trust, Communication and Collaboration are the primary tenets of our core values.
Ideally, you will have:
- 8+ years of strong programming skills in Java or Python or Go.
- Built highly scalable backend web services
- Experience using database technologies like MySQL, PostgeSQL, MongoDB and/or Cassandra
- Deployed code using CI/CD with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience in cloud technologies preferably AWS.
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies or GraphQL or Graph Databases will be an added advantage
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Desire to learn new things and to help others learn too.
- Excited to build great products.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies like Spring, GraphQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, k8s, Graph DBs and other tech we use.
About the Benefits:
You will be joining the world's first social learning platform where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be able to enjoy a competitive salary as well as a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards:
- Not a morning person? No problem, we offer flexitime and a great work-life balance, including full remote role, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable.
- 21 days annual leave with 12 Casual/sick leaves and 12 government holidays
- Full premium Medical coverage including Family Dependants
- Tax benefits on expenses incurred towards Broadband, Phone, Books & Wellness
- Learning budget of INR 20K per year.
Why work at Noon?
- The opportunity to work within an innovative start up in its initial stages and help shape our success globally
- Work with a team who believes in STUDENT FIRST, you will have an opportunity to build the first (BE ORIGINAL) Open Social Learning Platform that can impact millions of students across the globe
- A working environment where you can look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions; which also offers you a freedom to commit ‘n’ number of first time mistakes - NEVER DEPRIVE A LEARNER
- Complete ownership and responsibility for the success of your autonomous team across all scope of works - OWN IT and BE BOLD
- An opportunity to work with a bunch of Young, Smart, Driven and Dynamic people who are committed to go BEYOND SELF and solve business challenges
- Work closely with the leadership team who live by the value of BE BETTER EVERYDAY to help grow an amazing organisation
- Help us to build the future of education!
About Diversity & Inclusion:
At Noon, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and society. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated, so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark. Noon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin or sexual orientation. We aim to be truly representative of the world and for each and every employee to feel respected.